Header

6.29.2013

part one // blackberries

i’m a strong believer that not everything you do needs an explanation. if you want a tattoo, get one. if you rather stay home that night, it’s okay to miss that party. don’t forget that you’re living for yourself. you don’t owe anyone an explanation for your choices or preferences. (from tumblr)
 







Last week was the week that I spent at my Memaw's house, just as I do at least once every summer. I'll admit that I've been absent, I mean, we all have flaws, I just decided not to blog during that week, and for most of this week. I'll be honest, I've just been procrastinating as always. I still have three books lingering over my head of which I haven't began reading for this next school year, and my room needs to be organized.

But an exciting announcement... I got lightroom 5 and VSCO, so that accounts partly for my absence. Oh, and a new design. Yeah. I've always thought that it would be better to have something simple, but I haven't really gone for it because I felt like I had to impress someone. Truth is, I have no one to impress but myself.

--

My memaw has this garden and I am under the impression that it is magical because things have survived the texas heat. We went to home depot and bought more than ten different kinds of fruits that I am so overly excited to see next time we come.

The concept of gardening is so odd to me, because where I live, it's almost entirely impossible. That, and the lake being able to fill up to a depth that is safe for swimming (I've been hoping for that one for a while). We made blackberry pie and blackberry jam and just ate plain blackberries by themselves, and they were even better because they were home-grown. It's nice to go someplace where people grow their own things, and where people have a couple of acres of land and groupings of trees that change color with the season. There's not much to worry about there, for me, anyway, except the dogs staying inside the fence and swatting bugs off of my clothes, but I guess that's what comes with going to the country.

-ryan

6 comments:

  1. I can't list all the things that I love about this post. seriously. and I'm so happy you got LR & VSCO, by the way. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that quote, never heard of it. :)
    And ohmigosh blackberries are so good. I like blueberries, too. The sad thing is, I've never had blueberry pie. :P Only apple and pumpkin.

    I really hope the books you're reading for school are interesting. I'm finally reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. Finally.
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good movie though. But I kind of wish that I had read the book first...

      Delete
  3. oh, those berries look delish.
    this is just so summer-y.
    xx. marcia

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
ALL CONTENT ON THIS BLOG BELONGS TO RYAN GRACIE, UNLESS OTHERWISE CREDITED.
PLEASE LEAVE THINGS WHERE THEY ARE.