Header

2.28.2013

there are some things that I should say





























 
It's been busy, of course. It's busy for everyone. I have always wanted to be that person that writes a blog post every day, and gets millions of comments and all that. But I  have realized that I don't want to blog for anyone else. It sounds conceited, or like I don't want anyone else to read this blog, but that is the exact opposite of what I mean. What I'm saying is that this is not a scheduled thing, and obviously I haven't been here in two weeks. But hey, that's life. We all have things to do on top of other spontaneous days piled with work and those days when we feel like doing nothing at all. For the longest time I've been posting when others post, editing how others edit, changing things just how others have changed things and trying to be on the same schedule as everyone else. But now that I think about it, I look at my own pictures and see others', sometimes I even look at my blog like it's someone else's; now I realize that I need to blog for myself.

So here I am, on this Thursday, which just so happens to be the last day of February, telling everyone that I may not post every day, or every week for that matter. Some people may decide to stop reading this blog, and that is the hardest part for me, but I want this to be my own. And this isn't supposed to be sad in any way, in fact, I'm totally excited for my new little expression of myself on here and I'm hoping that it shows this time around.
 
Meanwhile, while I've been away, I have been to the trade days with my friend Eileen and bought a bag full of yarn for $10 that I plan on making a blanket with, finally mastered using manual on my camera, watched hot air balloons lift-off on on a hill before the sunset, went thrifting and bought a lot of new and wonderful things and planned my spring break trip to my memaw's house which I am overly-excited about. And school, which I've decided not to include because it's on the annoying side at this point.
 
So yeah, it was pretty successful. And hello to this new sort-of beginning.
 
love, ryan

2 comments:

  1. I understand! I used to blog every other day. At least I tried to. I wanted to keep up with other bloggers. I think it got to the point where I wasn't really posting from the heart as much, or even if I was I was putting too big of a priority on blogging and not on the time spent with family. I've backed down a lot and decided to blog when I can. Which means my posts are less frequent. but that's ok. I too don't want to get bogged down by the idea that I'm blogging to please others. I want to blog for myself and truly be me. :))

    So yes, I'm excited to see where this journey of blogging and a new outlook takes you. I applaud you for your bravery and for coming out and saying what's on your heart. :))

    Blessings, friend!

    Madi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely get you! I call this the blogging monopoly game. Instead of Park Place, Boardwalk, Vermont Ave. there's a thousand followers, a million comments, and a billion page views.

    I used to play this game. Until I realized it wasn't right. I want to be completely me when I blog. Not someone else with a me twist in there. I gained more followers when I wasn't myself. But I'm completely okay with that. I don't want to look in the mirror, and see me then look at the computer screen and see someone else.

    I'm glad you finally joined the "me" train. Glad to have you aboard. Leaving the station now and next stop is Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Montana.... I hopped on when the train just started. Florida.

    xoxo || your admirer

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
ALL CONTENT ON THIS BLOG BELONGS TO RYAN GRACIE, UNLESS OTHERWISE CREDITED.
PLEASE LEAVE THINGS WHERE THEY ARE.