Header

3.28.2013

we went to east texas at the dawning of spring



























Over Spring Break, we took a trip to east texas, which just so happens to be my favorite part of texas. The first stop was Memaw's house, which (also) just so happens to be my most favorite place to visit. I can never get tired of the warmth of walking through the garage door; the smell of something cooking in the kitchen and the feeling of being surrounded by people I love.
 
Much of that week we: took pictures on the tire swing, went to a tiger reserve, saw Oz, the Great and Powerful, played clue with Lisa and Patty, watched Wreck it Ralph and ate our favorite tortilla soup, played with the new puppy, Jet, watched storage wars most nights in our pajamas, had our signature weenie roast, made s'mores (I burn the marshmallows), drank coffee some mornings, ate lucky charms (my favorite, as of late) and had jersey mike's (it's really good, guys), and bought six little fuzzy, yellow chicks from Tractor Supply Co.; they built a pen while I photographed, and we all held the balls of fuzz in our hands. When the last two days arrived, we drove to Grandmother's house to celebrate her and my mom's birthday. We played pegs and jokers, ate cake with whipped frosting, went to the quilt store., and woke up to breakfast, as always.
 
I: wore my hair in messy buns, attempted to film a vlog, discovered my love for coffee (finally), was gifted a ring from my memaw for a late sixteenth birthday present, took a peek at the afghan my memaw is making me; at Grandmother's house, I took pictures around the house, saw the font side of the quilt that my grandmother has made me (I have the craftiest grandparents), was given my uncle greg's fancy electric piano, on which I have learned to play the chords of "The Scientist" by Coldplay, and when we arrived back home, I was surprised with a CAR, a reddish ford escape, to be exact, which I am absolutely in love with (it was totally unexpected and awesome, and therefore needs caps).
 
Obviously many things have happened, and it's been quite awhile. I don't plan to stay away for that long anymore without warning, and I want to thank everyone because you all stayed with me. You guys are like, the coolest.
 
love, ryan
 
PS: I've been tweaking the design lately also, if you haven't noticed. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, pretty lady. But seriously, you are gorgeous girl. ;) The chicks are too cute, and the cereal still is my fav. {but I'm always a sucker for anything sweet...need to change that. :D}
    xoxo | grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. those chicks are adorable!
    cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
ALL CONTENT ON THIS BLOG BELONGS TO RYAN GRACIE, UNLESS OTHERWISE CREDITED.
PLEASE LEAVE THINGS WHERE THEY ARE.