Header

7.09.2013

old things





we went to grandmother's house and ate homemade fried pie, played dominoes and woke up early for breakfast.

01. stanley's desk. two puzzles under the glass,
along with three pictures of my grandmother
and some newspaper clippings of her in her favorite quilt shop.

02. the piano. the really old one;
the one that i learned to play on.
the piano that so many old and new hands have touched and made music with.

03. an upright view of the desk.
a lamp made of a telescope,
another from a lighted globe,
a wedding picture of stanley and my grandmother,
and a pull-down map of texas.

04. a side view of the shed.
grandmother requested that i take a picture of the hunt oil sign,
from where her parents used to work.

-ryan

2 comments:

  1. i love old things! they are simply beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. old things resonate with my heart like nothing else. i suppose because, i know so little of my family's history, i try to make my own for my future little ones. ;) this is one of my all-time fav., pretty lady. xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
ALL CONTENT ON THIS BLOG BELONGS TO RYAN GRACIE, UNLESS OTHERWISE CREDITED.
PLEASE LEAVE THINGS WHERE THEY ARE.