Header

2.18.2014


Now that it's warmer outside (these past few days have been insanely warm, considering that it was 25 degrees last week) I like to sit on my bed with the windows open; I leave one of them open during the day for my new succulent, which I love. And I have a desk now, which I am overjoyed about. Andie gave it to me, and I moved in into my room yesterday.

On Sunday I went downtown with Eileen. We walked around for awhile and spontaneously decided to take a trip to the plant farm, and picked up Grace on the way. We drove down the highway with all of the windows down and the sunroof up, my hair blowing uncontrollably with wind in my face; I was reminded of the times when I went to the lake last summer, when the boat moved fast across the water. I let Grace borrow my camera in the car and we all went to Bahama Buck's and bought iced things because the weather (finally) allowed for it.

--

And then there's the rest of life. You know, the decision of colleges and things. I honestly loathe talking about it: it makes me nervous for the years to come and I would much rather enjoy myself now, although it is constantly nagging at me. It's early, it really is. No matter what people say, I know that I can't, and I definitely won't, make all of my life decisions now. So I've been thinking, there's some things that I would like to improve on, and that everyone could use a little improving on in general, just to make our young  lives a little more enjoyable.

I believe that if you're happy, you should smile, all the way. Even if you're sort of happy, don't form a half-smile; go for the whole thing, and I promise it will make you happier. And I think that if someone holds the door for you, you should thank them, boldly, and show them that you care.

You should go out on the weekends. Even alone, if you're not much of a people person. It's okay to go out alone, and it makes you feel very independent. But also it just makes things much better when you're with friends. And talk to them: about life, about anything, really, and laugh, also.

And sing. Sing in your car if it's the only place that you feel comfortable; that's what I do. Drive late at night with the windows down and don't plan a place to go.

--

So, about this decision-making thing, I'll write something soon about my college feels and stuff. For now, it feels totally great to be back here.

-ryan

1 comment:

  1. "I believe that if you're happy, you should smile, all the way. Even if you're sort of happy, don't form a half-smile; go for the whole thing, and I promise it will make you happier. And I think that if someone holds the door for you, you should thank them, boldly, and show them that you care." < Love that. Perfect.
    And plant farms are the best, I can't wait until they open here... if all this snow ever melts.

    Cheers,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
ALL CONTENT ON THIS BLOG BELONGS TO RYAN GRACIE, UNLESS OTHERWISE CREDITED.
PLEASE LEAVE THINGS WHERE THEY ARE.